Sth... Sth...

 



Monday 3 January 2011

Dhobi Ghat and Tanu Weds Manu trailers, (belated) happy new year, and an apology AGAIN

So first off, as you see, I didn't manage to keep this blog running the way I wanted to :/ Weekly update, my foot. I was totally out of it for the entire winter term. Writers block + generally being tired with academic life do that to you. So from now on, I'm not promising anything. When an update happens, it happens. My NYR is for them to happen more often than once in 3 months.

Well, also have a Happy New Year everyone! May all your plans and dreams (or at least the one's that are not evil and don't include killing puppies and kittens) come true, and may your own blogs, journals, forums, communities thrive ;)

Now on with the trailers. As I said, I rarely get excited for new Bollywood films (there is a slump and no one can deny it :P), but Dhobi Ghat needs a mention. The triler has been out for a while but I haven't acknowledged it here. So here goes:



I'm excited for Aamir and Prateik :) The look of the film is gritty and intriguing. Kiran seems like a very intelligent person, so I'm curious about the plot. The music is by Gustavo Santaolalla, so there are plenty of reasons to be excited :D



Tanu weds Manu. It seems cute and funny. It looks a bit like a Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi parody in places. Madhavan is adorable (and I absolutely love him in glasses), Kangana shows her more lively side (people often call her miss-depression, but she can be bubbly too, like here and in Dhaam Dhoom with Jayam Ravi for example). I'm excited mainly for Madhavan, as he's my favourite Tamil actor and one of my fav actors in general. Also the comedy seems to be quite tasteful and not TOO loud. Well, we'll see.

2 comments: